Star Job Search - Terms & Conditions
Thank you for visiting StarJobSearch.co.uk. Please note that by using this website (the "Site") you accept the following terms and conditions (the “Terms”) and agree to abide by them, whether as a guest or a registered user, and whether you use the Site for domestic and private use or for any commercial or business purposes (including without limitation where you are engaged to do so by us). If you do not accept these Terms, please refrain from using this Site. We may change these Terms from time to time, so you should review them each time you visit the Site. The date that we last updated the Terms will be set out above.
- Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our Site. When using our Site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
This Site is operated by The Midland News Association Limited ("we", "us", "our"), a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 00483353 with a registered office at 51-53 Queen Street, Wolverhampton WV1 1ES. Our main trading address is 51-53 Queen Street, Wolverhampton WV1 1ES. Our VAT number is 661536533. You can contact us using the following email address: email@example.com
Accessing our Site
- Access to the Site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on the Site without notice (see below).
- We do not guarantee that the Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted, and we will not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- From time to time we may restrict access to some parts of our Site, or our entire Site, to users who have registered with us.
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party.
- When using our Site, you must comply with the provisions of our Acceptable Use Policy.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Site (including without limitation ensuring that you have the correct equipment, infrastructure and browser to access the Site).
- You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Site through your internet connection are aware of these Terms, and that they comply with them.
- You must be 16 years old or older to register and submit material (e.g. personal data and/or a CV) to the Site.
- Only one registration per person is allowed. You are responsible for keeping your registration and profile information up to date.
- On registration, you must provide us with an email address which gives you frequent access to emails sent to that address, as we will need to be able to contact you. You must keep your password confidential.
- You must not:
- impersonate or try to impersonate another person;
- disclose your password to anyone else;
- allow anyone else to use your account;
- use anyone else's account.
- You are responsible for everything done using your account. If you think that someone else may have access to, or be using, your password or account, you must tell us as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suspending or terminating your registration
- We may suspend, terminate or prevent your registration at our sole discretion. This may be because, for example, we consider that you have breached or will breach these Terms or our Acceptable Use Policy or someone has reported abuse.
- Where we suspend, terminate or prevent your registration, you must not attempt to re-register or submit content (e.g. using someone else's registration), without our permission. The period of any suspension depends on all the circumstances and shall be at our discretion
Intellectual Property Rights
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site and in the material published on it (including without limitation the content, rights in computer software including source and object code, trade marks, logos, trade names, domain names, copyright and related rights (including without limitation in the text, photographs and layout), moral rights, look and feel, database rights, rights in designs, patents, rights to inventions, rights in get-up, goodwill and the right to sue for passing off, rights to use, and protect the confidentiality of, confidential information (including know-how) and all other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications and rights to apply for and be granted, renewals or extensions of, and rights to claim priority from, such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection which subsist or will subsist now or in the future in any part of the world). Those works are protected by laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Site for your personal reference. You may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our Site.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors or providers of third party feeds) as the authors of material on the Site must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the materials on the Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- If you print off, copy or download any part of the Site in breach of these Terms, your right to use the Site will cease immediately (and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made).
Reliance on information posted
- While we make every effort to ensure that information we place on the Site is accurate (which for the avoidance of doubt does not include user comments or material on third party web sites which are accessible by the use of certain links in this Site but over which we have no control), we do not give any warranty or representations, express or implied, about its accuracy, completeness, or appropriateness for a particular purpose.
- It is a condition of us allowing you access to the Site that you assume full responsibility for using the information on the Site and that you accept that we will not be liable for any action you take in reliance on information on the Site. The Site is intended for use by UK residents only and only in relation to their activities within the United Kingdom. Under no circumstances should you apply or rely on any information contained in the Site if you are outside the United Kingdom.
The Site changes regularly
- The Site content changes regularly, and may change at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend your access to the Site, or close it indefinitely.
- Any of the material on the Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
- The material contained on this Site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the Site (or any content on it) or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Site (or any content on it), any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business or business opportunity;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill or reputation;
- and/or wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
- This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your visits to the Site
Uploading material to our Site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to the Site, or to make contact with other users of the Site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that:
- any such material you upload to the Site does comply with those content standards; and,
- you own the intellectual property rights in any material you upload to the Site, and you indemnify us for any loss or damage arising as a result of any breach of the above warranties.
Any material you upload to the Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and you agree that we have the right to use, copy, edit, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose (including without limitation publication of any such material in print and/or online, and/or use of any such material for marketing and/or promotional purposes). You hereby grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free licence to use the intellectual property rights in any such material for the purposes of exercising those rights. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our Site.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our Site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
- We do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access the Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse the Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site.
- You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- By breaching this section 11, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to our Site
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- The Site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy.
- If you wish to make any use of material on the Site other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com.
Links from our Site
Where the Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
These Terms are governed by English law. The English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute relating to these Terms.
Expressandstar.com, Express & Star, Shropshirestar.com, Shropshire Star, Wolverhampton Chronicle, Stourbridge Chronicle, Sporting Star, Kidderminster Chronicle, Sandwell Chronicle, Dudley Chronicle, Halesowen Chronicle, Walsall Chronicle, Great Barr & Erdington Chronicle, Cannock & Rugeley Chronicle, Stafford & Stone Chronicle, Shropshire Magazine, Market Drayton Advertiser, Newport Advertiser, The Farmer, North Shropshire Chronicle, Shrewsbury Chronicle, Bridgnorth Journal, Hereford Journal, Leominster Journal, Ross-on-Wye Journal, Ludlow Journal, Mid Wales Journal, South Shropshire Journal and Telford Journal are all trade marks of The Midland News Association Limited.