We are a well-established company going from strength to strength and are looking for a Works Manager to play a key role in this growth. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing the workshop ensuring they are always working efficiently and safely. They will need to work alongside the management team to implement the program of works and co-ordinate the day-to-day activities of the workshop.
Duties to include.
- Management of a small team of experienced engineers & fabricators ensuring efficient running of the workshop.
- Allocating work to staff and monitoring standards.
- Sourcing and ordering parts for jobs to ensure smooth completion of repairs to agreed timescales.
- Managing workflow, schedules and quality ensuring that Health and Safety policies are always observed.
- Developing & implementing strategies to streamline workshop operations.
- Supervising & evaluating performance ensuring that all jobs are completed within quoted and budgeted man hours.
- Ensuring all paperwork is completed to full standards on current paper-based system and assist in the changing of this to an electronic system.
- Liaising directly with customers to book in work.
- Liaising with other departments within the organisation (e.g., Sales/Purchasing/Paint shop)
- General management of the site including overseeing 3rd party parkers on site.
- Previous experience in crane repairs & welding and fabrication.
- Leadership and decision-making skills essential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to set deadlines and prioritise tasks.
- Previous management experience essential.
Starting Salary from £30,000 per year
Please email CV and covering letter to Sarah Jevons - email@example.com