Warehouse Operative/Forklift Truck Driver - Astley
Wynnstay Group Plc, a leading regionally based Agricultural supply business with a Group turnover in excess of £431 million, successfully operates a mix of activities within a highly competitive environment. Wynnstay’s offering in the agricultural farm supplies and rural specialist merchanting sectors, consistently produces quality products, delivering a quality service and product to our farmer customer base, whilst maximising profitability and shareholder return.
Employing more than 900 hardworking and dedicated people all working towards an ambitious strategic plan, we operate Nationally spanning more than 60 sites to supply quality and value products to farmer customers, working with key suppliers in the industry.
As we grow organically and through acquisition, the Astley Depot requires an enthusiastic and hardworking Warehouse Operative/Forklift Truck Driver to assist them in achieving this aim.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Warehouse management team by accurately, efficiently, and safely performing varied warehouse duties
- Picking orders for supply to Retail Depots, recording and checking stock, collating paperwork, yard picking
- Safely loading/unloading vehicles ensuring high standards of compliance at all times
- Checking deliveries, complete any related paperwork ensuring accuracy
- Placing all incoming goods in an organised and efficient manner
- Storing chemicals and hazardous goods following the correct procedure
- Identifying stock anomalies and taking remedial action in line with process
- Operating a forklift truck whilst adhering to requisite Health and Safety standards
- Participating in any duties in the interests of Health & Safety, including COSHH compliance, spillage clean-up, and safe manual handling, and in all cases, complying with instructions relating to PPE.
- Ensuring a first class service is delivered as standard
- Have a good understanding of Health and Safety, especially with regards to manual handling large objects
- Hold a license to drive a Counterbalance Forklift and Reach truck or similar although training maybe provided for a suitable candidate
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative
- Be hard-working, flexible, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
A competitive salary benchmarked within our industry will be offered to any successful candidate and will be dependent on experience and specialist ability.
To apply please email your CV and letter of application and state reference ‘WynnstayStar’ to email@example.com. Or for a private and confidential discussion please contact Colm Ebdy on 07384 113256.