We have opened up a new position in our Stock and Sales team for a Trainee Stock Control Clerk.
To be based in our sales office in Oldbury.
Hours of work: 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday & 8.30am to 4.00pm Friday. 1 hour lunch to be taken flexibly between 12.00am and 2.00pm to ensure office cover.
Administration Manager and Operations Manager
MAIN TASKS - full training given
Selection of material for new orders.
Process orders on to the stock system in preparation for despatch.
In addition to training for the above duties, further training will be given to enable a full understanding of the "Stock Control and Orders Processing computer system", this will include the following:-
- Batch control within sizes and grades
- Purchase Order Entry
- Goods received and booking into stock
- Test certificates, booking on to system and retrieval
- Printing of delivery notes and test certificates
Additional training will also be given with regards internal sales to provide support to the internal sales team.
- Taking sales enquiries by telephone, fax and emails.
- Checking stock, pricing and quoting by telephone, fax and email.
- Sales orders, entering on to the system.
- Filing of own paperwork.
As part of a small team being prepared to help and assist colleagues in whatever way possible to ensure the smooth running and efficient operation of the company.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £7.00 per hour dependent on age and experience