Teacher of Mathematics
Shrewsbury Colleges Group is a designated Sixth Form College offering Sixth Form College terms and conditions. The college works with 3,600 16-18 year olds, 800 apprentices, 3,500 adult students and 400 higher education students. The college delivers A Levels at two campuses in the town centre, English and Welsh Bridge Campuses, and vocational and technical professional qualifications at the London road campus. As a result of significant growth in student enrolments and with record applications for September 2021, the college has the vacancies below.
- Planning and preparing courses and lessons
- Teaching, according to their educational needs, the students assigned to you including the setting and marking of work to be carried out by the student in college and elsewhere
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of students
- Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual students and of any class or group of students assigned to you
- Providing guidance and advice to students on educational and social matters and on their further education and future careers, including information about sources of more expert advice on specific questions; making relevant records and reports
- Making records of and reports on the personal and social needs of students
- Communicating and consulting with the parents of students
- Communicating and co-operating with persons or bodies outside the college
- Participating in meetings arranged for any of the purposes described above
- Providing or contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students and groups of students
- Advising and co-operating with the Principal and other teachers (or any one or more of them) on the preparation and development of courses of study, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral arrangements
- Maintaining good order and discipline among the students and safeguarding their health and safety both when they are authorised to be on the College premises and when they are engaged in authorised college activities elsewhere
- Participating in meetings at the college which relate to the curriculum for the college, or the administration or organisation of the college, including pastoral arrangements
- Participating in arrangements for preparing students for public examinations and in assessing students for the purposes of such examinations; recording and reporting such assessments; and participating in arrangements for students’ presentation for and supervision during such examinations
- Participating in administrative and organisational tasks related to such duties as are described above, including the management or supervision of persons providing support for the teachers in the College and the ordering and allocation of equipment and materials
- Registering the attendance of students and supervising students
- Shrewsbury Colleges Group actively promotes a ‘safeguarding’ culture. As such, employees are expected to carry out their role and responsibility in relation to student welfare. Employees are expected to access PREVENT and child protection training in accordance with their role and be aware of who to contact and what action to take if there are concerns regarding the welfare of all students. We are committed to ensuring that all employees are supported in respect to their safeguarding duties.
- Work flexibly, undertake training and development, and undertake such other tasks as may be required or directed from time to time to meet the needs of the College
- Support and promote the College’s equal opportunity, diversity, health and safety, Prevent and other policies, processes and objectives
- Work positively to suggest and deliver quality improvements for your area. Engage with all quality improvements agreed for implementation from both internal and external sources.
- **Participate in exam invigilation as and when required**
We are looking for a qualified teacher or somebody with relevant experience willing to study for the teaching qualification which will be fully funded and delivered by the college.
Closing date for applications: 19th April 2021
Apply now at www.jobsatcollege.com