Would you like to make a difference, have a work/life balance if so come join us at the Pontesbury Project as a support worker?
Are you interested in a rewarding job that provides person-centred support to a range of people with learning disabilities, autism, mental health needs and behaviours that may challenge in our residencies within the Rea Valley area of Shropshire?
We are currently recruiting Support Workers to join our team. The role involves assisting the people we support with routine personal and domestic tasks and chosen activities to enable them to live as independently as possible.
Shifts will be worked on a rota/rolling rota basis spread across mornings, afternoons, and sleep ins, including weekends and bank holidays.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Possesses good communication skills and is confident to work as part of a team and lone work on occasion.
- Previous experience of positive behaviour management and working with people with learning disabilities, autism, and mental health needs - desirable but not essential, training will be provided.
In addition to competitive rates of pay other benefits include:
• £56.70 for sleep in duties and double time on bank holidays
• 35 days holiday (including bank holidays) each year
• Simply Health healthcare cash plan
• Life Assurance benefit
• Contributory pension scheme
• Comprehensive induction and on-going training opportunities
• Free enhanced DBS certificate
• Refer a friend scheme of £500 per referral * conditions apply *
• Opportunity to maximise your earnings – earn an additional £2,900 (approx.) by completing 1 sleep in each week.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
If you are looking for a career change and good opportunities for progression, please Apply Now!
Our reference: AGS298
Vacancy: Support Worker
Location: Rea Valley area of Shropshire
Salary: 22,084 per annum (£11.32 per hour
Hours: Full-time hours (37.5 hours per week)