A 26 year old woman with cerebral palsy is looking for a female personal assistant / support worker. Uses an electric wheelchair, is very active and looking for someone gentle, kind, fun and adventurous to work with her, to help her to enjoy life to the full and to do the activities that she wants and needs to be able to do.
Hours will be negotiable, up to around 20 hours per week. Most work will be daytime (including weekends) and/or evenings, with some overnights.
No previous experience required, training to be provided on the job; the most important thing is finding a person with the right personality and qualities for supporting this young woman.
- To support a 26 year old with cerebral palsy in the activities that she wants and needs to be able to do, including swimming, using her walker, rock climbing, completing art work, going to concerts, carrying out chores and day trips out. Some overnight stays, including London and Bristol.
- To have full UK driving license
- To be physically able to support with personal care and moving and handling
- To be able to work evenings and weekends
- To be able to work well alongside others and as part of a team
- To have a kind, caring & empathetic personality
- To be innovative and have a willingness and enthusiasm to be adventurous and active as part of your job
- DBS check
- To be creative and able to support the young woman in completing art work
- To be competent with technology and social media
What you will receive from us:
- An induction, relevant training and ongoing supervision
- Free DBS
- 25 days of holiday per year (pro rata)
To find out more, please call or email:
Tele: 07708 542591