SHROPSHIRE COUNCIL ADULT SERVICES DIRECTORATE
START TEAM SUPPORT WORKER
£9.81 per hour plus enhancements for working unsociable hours and weekends. We also pay travel time, a generous mileage rate and holiday allowance.
Working a guaranteed 35 hours on a weekly forecast schedule, our operational hours are 7am until 10pm Monday to Sunday including Bank Holidays 365 days per year
We are looking for caring and compassionate people who are committed to delivering quality care who:
- Can work 35 hours per week which includes evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays
- Have experience of providing care either formally or informally
- Are happy to lone work but also be part of a countywide team
- Have excellent communication skills and experience of record keeping to essential standards
- Are able to use their own initiative and have a flexible approach as working countywide may be required to ensure service delivery
- Have the competence to understand the importance and value of people being able to remain in their own home
- Have a current driving licence and their own transport as this role is to cover Shropshire countywide
If this is you, then we are offering an exciting opportunity to join our existing team of countywide Support Workers.
So if you believe in supporting service users to regain their independence and the option to remain at home rather than going into hospital, then this is the position for you.
START is an innovative team working with service users in their own homes to achieve their goals, promote independence and enhance their well-being; providing a high quality when returning home from acute and community hospitals. We also support service users in crisis situations by preventing hospital admission.
An exciting on-going training package is provided along with personal development opportunities, uniforms and Health & Safety protective equipment.
As part of your role, you may be required to carry out manual handling duties involving the handling and moving of Service Users in accordance with the Manual Handling Operating Regulations. To comply with Directorate Standards applicants must be a minimum of age 18 to undertake personal care work.
For further information about this role, please contact Ann Ashley, START Countywide Organiser at email@example.com contacting 01743 254875.