- Job Reference: 00001300-1
- Date Posted: 7 January 2021
- Recruiter: Unitech Blaymires
- Location: Lye, Stourbridge
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering, Manufacturing Operations
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
RAF – 2200 - Position of Setter Operator
Unitech Blaymires Ltd are leading manufactures of Metal Pressings, Laser Cutting, Fabrications and Coil Processing to a wide range of customer , manufacturing to high quality standards. Based in Lye, Stourbridge, we have an opportunity to recruit for a Setter Operator.
Reporting directly to the Manufacturing Manager, your role will be to set single and automatic coil fed presses from 15 - 300 tonne, in line with PUWER / ROSPA guidelines.
Main duties :
• Preparation of tooling in advance to eliminate waste and improve productivity.
• Be fully conversant in feeding and changing over coils
• Oversee Operators ensuring Health & Safety is adhered to whilst reporting any issues that may jeopardize quality or Health & Safety standards.
• Analyse and resolve tooling issues with development of new tools.
• Maintain safe working practices within the workplace, including day to day machine maintenance.
• In process inspection of products.
• Carry out any reasonable request in line with Company direction.
Skills and Experience required:
• Possession of a PUWER / RoSPA Power Press certificate is essential with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
• Be experienced in automated coil fed production lines with servo roll feed units.
• Be used to using safe working practices and be organised and have the ability to prioritise and multi-task.
• Be able to communicate effectively with own team and other departments as well as able to work on own initiative
• Must hold a Counterbalance / Reach Fork Lift Truck License.
What we offer:
• Full time, permanent contract.
• 28 days holiday (inclusive of annual and statutory).
• Competitive salary dependant on experience
• Access to Contributary Company pension scheme, employer contribution of 3%
Should you feel that you have the skills and experience that we are looking for please submit your CV and written application by email quoting RAF-2200 outlining what you feel you can offer us. All applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Thank you, we look forward to receiving your application.