Senior Software Engineer
- Job Reference: 00003803-1
- Date Posted: 7 June 2022
- Recruiter: Control Techniques
- Location: Newtown, Powys
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: I.T. & Communications, Science & Technology
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
PURPOSE OF ROLE
Able to work within a product development team to problem find and fix existing software as well as design and develop new software products in their entirety. Able to take part in reviews of software code, designs and requirement specifications. Able to accurately predict the time to complete tasks and the steps to be taken to recover time when problems occur.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plan own work and that of other junior collaborating engineers
• Writing and reviewing requirements for both complete products and software components.
• Creating and validating software designs for products and software components.
• Perform software test including automated and manual test.
• Undertake code reviews of other people’s work.
• Act as a technical mentor for more junior team members.
• Occasionally lead projects as required, taking on both design and planning responsibility when delegated by a manager.
• Accurately predicts the time to complete their own assigned tasks and those of more junior team members
• Completes tasks on time within agreed project timescales
• Communicates task and product status effectively to peers and managers
• Understand Customer requirements and meet key user needs
AUTHORITY & DECISION MAKING
The Engineer would generally work under a Product Development Manager. They will develop designs following the design direction from the Product Development Manager or Director of the relevant discipline. They should have an enthusiasm and desire to gain knowledge and experience in the relevant Engineering discipline
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree Qualified in an Engineering Discipline
• Capable of working within team environments.
• Enthusiasm for their Engineering Discipline.
• Desire to gain a greater understanding and experience of existing and emerging technologies
• Open minded to others opinion and critique
KORN FERRY COMPETENCIES
• Communicates effectively.
• Builds Collaborative Relationships.
• Being Flexible and Adaptive (Likes to Learn New Things).
• Being Open (Self Awareness & Development).
• Take Initiative.