RESPONSIBLE TO: The Head Chef / The Bursar
STATUS: Permanent / Full Time or Part time / Term Time plus six weeks (41 weeks)
HOURS OF WORK: Up to 40 hours per week, made up of 8hr shifts: Could include weekend and evening work. Days to be confirmed.
HOURLY RATE: Rate Up to £10.33/hr (Dependent on age and experience) Inc Holiday pay
An opportunity has become available to join our committed and friendly catering team, as either a full time or part time School Cook at Adcote School. We are looking for someone who is hard working, enthusiastic and has excellent standards of customer care.
With training and uniform provided, an affable and conscientious cook is required to work with our existing team, where the focus is on excellent quality, fresh foods and outstanding service delivery. If you have pride in your abilities, a desire to prove that you are one of the best and if your standards meet with ours, we would love you to join our team.
Previous experience of catering within a boarding school environment would be an advantage; however, most importantly, the successful candidate must be flexible, reliable, friendly and committed to delivering excellent food along with great customer service.
Working closely with the Head Chef, Bursar and school staff, a flexible ‘can-do’ approach and the ability to deliver consistent excellence with a genuine smile, is essential.
Duties will include:
- Help provide and maintain an efficient service, following company values, policies and procedures
- Preparation and service of food and beverages using seasonal, fresh ingredients and working within the financial parameters of the school
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with school staff at all levels
- Maintain excellent service to our pupils and staff at all times
- Ensuring implementation and maintenance of all statutory and company standards of hygiene, food safety and health & safety including delivery of training
- Preparing quality food items and production of exciting, innovative menu’s
- Ensuring that food is at the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty
- To ensure daily bookwork and temperature records are kept to required standards
- Ensure all equipment, refrigerators and storerooms are kept clean and tidy
- Ensures food and supply items are stored correctly
- Assist with managing orders and receiving of all food and supplies as required
- To make sure the kitchen and service areas are clean, tidy and well presented during opening times
- Setting up counter for service & serving, ensure that customers are served promptly during busy periods
- Leading and motivating the team
- Well organised approach to work
- Working and leading weekend team to follow safe working practices at all times
Our ideal candidate will;
- Be a real ‘foodie’ with passion and enthusiasm for fresh food and great service
- Be driven by excellence and attention to detail
- Be both creative and innovative demonstrating being up to date with current food trends
- Be naturally outgoing and energetic with an ability to train and inspire
- Be financially astute and have an ability to work within targets
- Demonstrate confidence with a ‘Can do’ attitude
Health and Safety:
- Maintain a safe and positive working environment.
- Under the Health & Safety at Work Act a member of staff is required to take reasonable care for his/her own health and safety and abide by the School’s Health & Safety policy.
This Job Description may be altered to meet changing needs and will be reviewed with the post holder. The Job Description is indicative of the nature and level of responsibilities associated with the post. It is not intended to be exhaustive; other tasks may be allocated as necessary from time to time.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 2nd November 2020
In the first instance, please contact the School Secretary on 01939 260202 for a Job Description and application form.
Then send your CV, covering letter and application form to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or The School Secretary, Adcote School, Little Ness, Shrewsbury SY4 2JY
Tel: 01939 260202
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the police. The school reserves the right to appoint an individual at any point during the process.