- Job Reference: 00003802-1
- Date Posted: 7 June 2022
- Recruiter: Control Techniques
- Location: Newtown, Powys
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering, Executive Positions
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
SUMMARY OF ROLE
• This position oversees multiple initiatives or one larger project and has responsibility for all aspects of the project over the entire project life (initiate, plan, execute, control, close).
• The position may collaborate with a senior project manager, functional area manager, or program manager regarding the status of specific projects.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensuring familiarity with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
• Assembling the project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing the schedule to ensure timely completion of the project.
• Ability to demonstrate commercial acumen by driving project profitability and delivering tangible results in line with economic assumptions up to the closing stage-gate (Gate 6).
• Leading Cross-Functional Teams (CFTs) of colleagues from R&D, Marketing, Quality, Supply Chain, and Operations
• Travel will be expected
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Qualifications
• Educated to degree level (ideally in a STEM field, e.g. Electrical or Mechanical engineering)
• Recognized project management qualification, for example:
o Project Management Professional (PMP)®
o APM PMQ or above (or IPMA equivalents)
o PRINCE2® Practitioner
• Post-graduate business qualification, e.g. Master of Business Administration (MBA)
• Have led multiple projects through the entire project lifecycle within a PMO environment
• Advanced use of project management systems and planning techniques Desirable
• Experienced user of change and configuration management tools
• Experience with New Product Development and hybrid delivery methodologies
• English mandatory
Occupational competencies (Association for Project Management)
• Consolidated planning; Team management; Leadership
• Business case; Reviews
Leadership competencies (Korn Ferry Leadership Architect)
• Plans and aligns; Builds effective teams; Ensures accountability
• Communicates effectively; Collaborates