At The Den Kit Company we design and make shelter-building and outdoor activity kits for children, to encourage open-ended, outdoor play and a lifelong connection to nature. We are a small company experiencing significant year on year growth and we are looking to recruit new team members.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for planning production schedules on a daily and weekly basis, ensuring efficient and smooth running of the assembly line - this is a role for a dependable team-player with supervisory experience. A background in warehousing or production would be useful but full training will be provided.
· Being a part of a Production Team
· Attending regular meetings with the Operations Manager to arrange a production schedule
· Providing detailed weekly/daily production plans for the Production Assistants
· Providing production sheets for the Production Assistants
· Ensuring all products are assembled correctly and to a high standard
· Ensuring that all processes run smoothly and that work areas are organised and safe
· Reporting back to the Operations manager regarding any improvements or issues
· Liaising with the Fulfilment Supervisor and Operations Manager regarding wholesale production planning
· Liaising with the Fulfilment Supervisor and Operations Manager regarding staffing needs
· Performing rolling stock checks and reporting any shortages/issues to the Operations Manager.
· Supervising Production Assistants - Booking holidays, training new staff, performing quality checks, managing staff breaks and welfare, staff work rotas, identifying staff training needs where appropriate.
· Supervising ‘Good Inwards Assistant’
· Providing a Weekly Production Report
· Updating stock systems
· GCSE passes in Maths and English
· Supervisory experience (preferred)
· Experience in warehousing (preferred)
· Good Written and Oral Communication Skills
· Problem Solving Abilities
· Time Management Skills
· Computer Literacy
· People Person
· Team Player