Our client is a family-run business founded in Italy, which, has become a leading player in the building industry operating worldwide. Quality in construction work is what makes the difference: that is why we are the world leader in the production of adhesives, sealants and chemical products for the building industry.
Due to continuous growth, we are recruiting for Production Operatives to join the team based in Halesowen you will be working in a manufacturing environment where you will be responsible for packing, machine minding and ensuring minimum downtime of the production process. The job is quite physically demanding and does require you to be constantly alert and active, there is minimal heavy lifting but bending and twisting to remove product from the production line and pack it into a container ready for dispatch will be part of your daily duties.
- To ensure that the production schedule is completed in an efficient manner this could entail putting tops onto bottles or tins, removing product from the conveyor, and packing into boxes on a pallet, moving larger containers/buckets from conveyors using a small hand operated crane and packing them onto a pallet, following instruction on the machine and adding various ingredients to the mix as instructed.
- Ensure all operations are completed in line with all specified company procedures
- Ensure timely completion of all reporting operations required for the section
- Actively support the Team Leader and/or Senior Production Operative in the completion of their duties
- Ensure that all work operations are completed in a safe manner for the protection of all section members
- Ensure the correct clothing is worn at all times, ie safety boots, uniform, glasses, PPE etc;
- Undertake any other duties at the request of your line manager
- To be fully aware of company policies and procedures and to work within the guidelines as stated
- To be aware of and always maintain Health and Safety rules
- To actively support the formal Integrated Management System by ensuring all defined policies, processes and procedures and work instructions are accurately applied
Working Hours and pay rate
Weekly Rotating shifts 6:00-14:00/14:00-22:00
£10.41 + 12.5% shift allowance
20 days holiday + stats increasing with years of service
Annual bonus payment split between July and December (pro rata) this is calculated on productivity, attendance, and performance.