JOB DESCRIPTION – PHARMACY COURIER
THE COMPANY: A progressive farm veterinary practice committed to Shropshire livestock owners. We endeavour to provide an excellent standard of veterinary care with a friendly professional approach and cost-effective prices.
JOB TITLE: Pharmacy Courier
REPORTS TO: Line Manager
WORKING HOURS: Part Time: Monday, Thursday & Friday, approximately 9am to 17.30pm. Some attendance at shows and full team meetings out of normal working hours required. Holiday and absence cover required on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To provide an efficient and effective pharmacy courier service.
To ensure our clients get the best impression of our organisation. A pharmacy courier is at the forefront of our business, not just our driver. Therefore, it is imperative that a pharmacy courier makes the best impression with appearance, manner and with vehicle presentation.
To build positive relationships with clients and staff promoting all areas of the business. Clients and staff are the key to the success of our business and excellent service and relationships is a key element to gaining and retaining them. It is expected that delivering an exemplary service is at the forefront of the minds of all of our staff. Delivering an excellent service involves understanding needs (however great or small) and managing people’s expectations. This will vary however all should expect the following:
a) A friendly, professional greeting, smile, positive and upbeat tone and approach;
b) Empathy and effective listening to understand their needs, asking questions as necessary where further clarification is required;
c) Acting promptly, efficiently and effectively. Ask if there is anything else you can help them with today.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver/Collect client medicines/products in an efficient and timely manner using the most direct route.
- To be responsible for ensuring medicines/products are safely loaded and secured to minimise any chance of damage.
- To ensure that all the relevant batch notes/location maps and details are obtained and clarified before the journey commences so medicines/products can be accurately delivered in a manor that meets our client’s expectations.
- To plan the delivery route, taking into account geographical locations, fuel economy and necessary breaks (At least 10-15 minutes for every two hours driving)
- Handle customer issues on delivery/collection effectively and contact pharmacy for assistance if required.
- Carry out multi-drop deliveries/collections in a timely and safe manner.
- Drive the delivery vehicle safely and in accordance with the law.
- Look after the delivery vehicle and ensure that it is not subject to any damage.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the delivery vehicle, including regular full washes
- Ensure accidents are kept to a minimum.
- Report any accidents as soon as possible and in compliance with the Company’s accident reporting procedure.
- To undertake all other tasks and responsibilities as requested.The title of the job and this basic outline description does not serve to limit your employment as the Company may require you to do any work that may be required which is commensurate with the employee’s capabilities and experience.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
- Drive in a safe and courteous manner at all times within the speed limits and ensure that the rules of the road are abided by at all times.
- To report any fault on the delivery vehicle to the Business Administrator.
- Ensure compliance with all Health & Safety and Company Policy.
- Contact the office after each drop off/collection is complete.
Events, Shows and Meetings - including, but not limited to:
- To prepare for and attend, events, shows and meetings as and when required.