Patient Services Advisor
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and hard working individual to join our administration team. Experience in general practice is desirable.
The post is a part-time position for 25 hours per week from 13:30-18:30pm.
The candidate may be required to work other shifts patterns as per the needs of the business to cover holiday / sickness.
Purpose of the role:
To provide a point of contact for patients and act as a focal point of communication between patients, doctors and other medical and non medical members of staff.
To liaise with Partners, Primary Health Care team members, hospitals and hospital staff, doctors, undertakers, pharmacists, emergency services and medical representatives.
Main duties of the role:
- To greet patients on arrival and to log arrivals on to the computer screen or direct patient to self check in
- Explain practice arrangements & formal requirements to new patients & those seeking temporary cover, ensure procedures are completed.
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private services, accept payment & issue receipts for same.
- Respond to all queries & requests for assistance from patients & other visitors.
- Enter requests for home visits onto computer & including all relevant information such as address, telephone number, reason for request & urgency. Refer to Duty Doctor where necessary.
- To receive messages for district nurses, health visitors & other members of the primary care team send manage as appropriate.
- To check messages on computer screen to ensure that information about any unresolved or urgent matter is passed on to colleagues.
- To check waiting areas after each session & ensure reception & waiting areas are kept neat & tidy.
- To actively respond to incoming telephone calls from patients, booking appointments and managing the clinical appointment system.
- Receive & make calls as required. Divert calls & take messages as appropriate.
- Enter details of telephone calls on to computer relaying patients messages to doctors.
- Telephone patients with messages regarding results etc.
- Follow end of day procedures & ensure that offices & consulting rooms are checked. and shut down for the day.
- Ensure all mail is passed onto scanning
- When required action requests for ambulance & transport & enter details on computer.
- Any other delegated duties considered appropriate to the post.
Special requirements of the post.
- An understanding, acceptance & adherence to the need for strict confidentiality.
- Ability to use own judgement, resourcefulness, common sense & local knowledge, to respond to patients enquiries & requests.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A willingness & ability to work as part of a large primary care team.
- A willingness to take part in further training & development as identified.
- An ability to keep calm under pressure in a busy working environment
Donnington Medical Practice is a very bust urban practice based in Telford Shropshire. We have a patient list size of over 14,500 patients. This is a demanding role and we are looking for a candidate who forward thinking, confident and is able to work under pressure as part of team.