Membership Relations Manager
Based near Eccleshall, Staffordshire
Full time, permanent
Salary: circa £30,000 per annum
The CLA is the membership organisation for owners of land, property and businesses in rural England and Wales. CLA members own or manage around half the rural land in England and Wales and more than 250 different types of businesses.
We are looking for a Membership Relations Manager to join us in our Midlands Office. The successful candidate will work closely with the Regional Director and regional team. As Membership Relations Manager your role will be to improve the membership experience and increase the levels of member engagement.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a key player in a small and flexible team at a pivotal time for the UK’s rural sector. Largely an account management role, you will be central in implementing the processes and supporting the delivery of an exciting new member retention strategy.
- To lead and deliver the key components of the retention strategy: on-boarding, proactive calling, and off-boarding – account management.
- To develop engagement retention reports, including analysing trends.
- To interpret membership retention statistics and report back on regular intervals to the regional teams and centrally.
- Work closely with the IT team to develop the CRM system, ensuring it is accurate, accessible, and user-friendly.
- Ensure membership records and contact details on CRM are up to date and correct.
- To support member research, surveys, and provision of member intelligence.
- To communicate key messages and feedback from members to the appropriate policy teams.
- To support and work closely with sales team to help develop leads and introductions.
- To promote and upsell membership services.
- Support the regional team when required at member facing events, shows and AGMs.
- Agricultural, Farming or Rural background highly desirable – but not essential.
- Proven account management or other relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence credibly and effectively at all levels.
- First-rate customer care and communication skills.
- Experience of working within the membership function of a professional organisation.
- Strong skills and experience in using a membership CRM database.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy in recording statistical data and providing reports.
- Excellent organisational, administrative, and time-management skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the breadth of issues affecting rural businesses and experience of working in the rural sector – highly desirable.
- Confident person, able to communicate with people at all levels.
- Friendly, approachable manner.
- Good team player.
- Able to travel.
- Ability to work flexible hours when required
- Hold a valid driving license.
The Location, Team, and Working Arrangements
The role is based near Eccleshall, Staffordshire. On reviewing our ways of working, some flexible working will be available on request but contact time in the office would be required each week. You will be working in a small, friendly, multidisciplinary team who are very passionate about the organisation and rural affairs in general. You will also be part of the wider CLA team of over one hundred individuals across England and Wales.
What We Can Offer
The CLA offers its staff a large number of benefits which include;
- Enrolment into an excellent pension scheme, offering Employer’s contribution of up to 10% of salary.
- Minimum 24 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Work place benefits such as, Cycle to Work Scheme and Payroll Giving.
- Access to an online wellness portal, including Employees Assistance Programme.
Please reference: M36MRM
To apply please send a covering letter, setting out how you meet the criteria, include your current remuneration and CV to email@example.com by 10am Monday 27th September. First interviews are planned for 6th or 8th October with second interview planned for 13th or 15th.