MARCHES ENERGY AGENCY
Intern (Energy Advice Team)
We are looking for an enthusiastic and organised intern to support our Energy Advice Teams, principally in Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin.
This role would suit someone looking to develop a career in the charitable/ sustainability/ energy sector and obtain experience of aspects of project management.
You will assist a team of Energy Advisors and Project Managers who work on a wide range of projects providing advice to householders and helping them accessing grants for energy efficiency improvements to the home by working with contractors and other agencies.
This is a varied role which will give you experience of MEA’s work across the organisation. Your tasks will include giving basic energy advice, booking home visits, data inputting and attending events. Over the year, you will also gain experience of marketing and communications, including social media. MEA is a welcoming and inclusive organisation which seeks the input and experiences of all team members into organisational decisions.
MEA is an independent, Shropshire-based charity with reach across the Midlands. We have nearly 25 years of experience in helping householders keep warm and well at home. For a full range of our activities please visit www.mea.org.uk
- A degree or equivalent level qualification in a relevant subject.
- Aspirations to build a career in this sector or a similar field.
- Willingness work on a wide variety of tasks as required, picking up new information quickly and delivering to a high standard.
- Be able to communicate clearly, both in writing and verbally, with a range of different audiences including vulnerable householders and contractors.
- Be competent in the use of IT, including remote working tools such as MS Teams.
- Be a good team player able to work both as part of a largely remote team and unsupervised.
- Have excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Be able to show a reasonable level of understanding of energy efficiency in the home, and a clear willingness to learn more.
- Be able to demonstrate a clear commitment to, and understanding of, our climate and ecological crisis.
Training: On the job training and support provided, including a combination of undertaking a Level 3 NVQ in energy awareness and day-to-day supervision to ensure you feel comfortable and supported in your work. You will also be expected to undergo a basic DBS check.
Pay £18000 pro rata per annum; optional employer pension of up to 5%; work travel costs paid; opportunity to benefit from a team-related annual performance bonus.
Location: Flexible between Shrewsbury office and home working
Hours of work: up to 37.5 hours per week
Leave: 24 paid days pro-rata per annum + bank holidays.
Duration: One-year contract, with scope for permanent employment subject to funding.
Application process: Send CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested in the job and how you meet the person specification above to email@example.com by Monday 27th September at 9am.
Interviews Monday 4th October