Independent Chair – Education Strategic Partnership Board
Telford and Wrekin Council and our Partners are passionate and relentless in our aspirations for children and young people. Partnership working is strong, with dynamic relationships that challenge to drive success.
Our Education Strategic Partnership arrangements include representation from across the early years, schools and post 16 sectors. Our stakeholders include MAT CEOs, Principals and Head Teachers from across the maintained sector. Our goal is to raise aspiration within our community through a local system led approach. We have the desire to be innovative and create new solutions based on our collective voice. We are now seeking an Independent Chair to be part of our next chapter of our journey.
This is a great opportunity to be part of our newly refreshed Education Strategic Partnership Board, working with Board Members to ensure that the vision and strategy are ambitious and that our key objectives are met.
We are keen to explore how the new Education Strategic Partnership arrangements can work differently, allowing you to bring your innovative and creative thinking.
The Independent Chair will need to have extensive experience:
- Chairing strategic partnerships.
- Operating at a senior strategic leadership level within an organisation.
- In school improvement and a detailed understanding of the developing school improvement and education landscape nationally.
- Along with the required enthusiasm and knowledge that this important role requires, we want to hear from you.
- In promoting collaboration between partners, enabling partners to constructively challenge each other in the context of non-defensive learning.
You will have a sound knowledge and understanding of local and national education agendas and current issues affecting it. You will have the presence and ability to develop trust and respect of the partners, with good communication and interpersonal skills.
If you would like to have a formal discussion about the role, please contact Simon Wellman, Director of Education & Skills on 01952 380800 or by emailing email@example.com
This role will require 12 days per annum @ £500 per day
Please note that the Independent Chair will perform Office Holder duties and IR35 rules apply to this appointment. Payments will be made through payroll, and tax and NI deductions will be made at source via PAYE in line with current HMRC guidelines.