HGV Fitter - Llansantffraid
Wynnstay Group Plc, a leading regionally based Agricultural supply business with a Group turnover in excess of £431 million, successfully operates a mix of activities within a highly competitive environment. Wynnstay’s offering in the agricultural farm supplies and rural specialist merchanting sectors, consistently produces quality products, delivering a quality service and product to our farmer customer base, whilst maximising profitability and shareholder return.
Employing more than 900 hardworking and dedicated people all working towards an ambitious strategic plan, we operate Nationally spanning more than 60 sites to supply quality and value products to farmer customers, working with key suppliers in the industry.
As we grow organically and through acquisition, the Distribution Division requires an enthusiastic and hardworking HGV Fitter to assist them in achieving this aim.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Efficiently assisting in the operation of the garage facilities by managing and undertaking new initiatives regarding the maintenance of our vehicles
- Working closely with various teams across the business, including transport representatives, Depots and other specialists, to ensure a safe and effective working environment while helping to enhance technical knowledge within the team
- Ensuring vehicle compliance is in line with operative Codes of Practice, e.g. DVSA guide, maintaining roadworthiness, UFAS guide for road haulage
- Ensuring the compliance of the function with Vehicle Inspectorate and Health and Safety regulatory requirements
- Working with the Transport Administrators and Co-Ordinator’s at all locations to ensure all vehicles remain roadworthy
- Taking advice as necessary from identified external experts and ensure that requirements are effectively implemented across the fleet
- Conducting specific tasks as may be delegated by the Garage Manager or Assistant Garage Manager
- Attending break-downs and collect/deliver vehicles as directed by the Manager
The successful candidate will:
- Have an affinity with the HGV community
- Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the various Codes of Practice in operation
- Have proven HGV fitting experience, a can-do attitude and willingness to learn and support our business
- Have excellent communication skills along with a good level of accuracy, IT knowledge and literacy
A competitive salary benchmarked within our industry will be offered to any successful candidate and will be dependent on experience and specialist ability.
To apply please email your CV and letter of application and state reference ‘WynnstayStar’ to email@example.com or for a private and confidential discussion please contact Philip Griffiths on 07879 891583.