HGV Driver (Non Bulk) - Astley
Wynnstay Group Plc, a leading regionally based Agricultural supply business with a Group turnover in excess of £431 million, successfully operates a mix of activities within a highly competitive environment. Wynnstay’s work in the agricultural farm supplies and rural specialist merchanting sectors, consistently produces quality products, delivering a quality service and product to our farmer customer base, whilst maximising profitability and shareholder return.
Employing more than 900 hardworking and dedicated people all working towards an ambitious strategic plan, we operate Nationally spanning more than 60 sites including 13 manufacturing, processing and blending facilities across the Group.
The distribution team are looking for an experienced HGV Driver, to professionally support Wynnstay with transportation of goods in a smooth and efficient manner.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Supporting our customer service and distribution policy to professionally, and safely conduct a range of driving, loading, and delivery duties whilst complying with associated regulations and Company procedures
- Safely and effectively storing and securing loads, maintaining safety, security, and careful handling of all goods to be transported
- Ensuring the assigned vehicle is kept in clean condition
- Torquing wheel nuts to meet standards of compliance and Company policy
- Completing the daily defect reporting system
- Complying with our Operator’s license requirements, including tachograph use and the working time directive
The successful candidate will:
- Be an experienced and flexible driver able to drive competently and safely on both rural terrain and long haul routes
- Have some local community knowledge and awareness
- Hold an up to date CPC qualification and ideally be ADR trained though training can be provided for the right candidate
- Be a professional, flexible, hardworking, customer and service focused individual who takes pride in maintaining the standards of maintenance and cleanliness of their vehicle
This is a great opportunity for a proactive and ambitious individual who wants to make a difference and carve out a career for themselves and support our plans for growth.
A competitive salary benchmarked within our industry will be offered to any successful candidate and will be dependent on experience and specialist ability.
To apply please email your CV and letter of application and state reference ‘WynnstayStar’ to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a private and confidential discussion please contact Simon Whitehead on 07778 870747.