It is vital the food industry continues operating throughout these uncertain times, and as one of the UK’s largest food businesses we have a key part to play in this to help continue to feed the nation.
We are currently recruiting for HGV Class 1 Drivers at our Telford site based in Shropshire and have a range of shifts available. We have a range of permanent and temporary 4, 8 or 12 week fixed term contracts available now.
We are a leading supplier of Poultry products into an impressive range of customers in the UK retail and food service sectors. With ambitious plans for the future, there hasn’t been a more exciting time to join us.
Join us as a Class 1 Driver and you can be a part of the aspiring team that brings Avara Foods to life.
Purpose of the role
Ensuring our product is delivered safely to our customers and sites all around the UK, as well as adhering to all driver regulations at all times.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• You will complete your driver envelopes with start and finish times
• Ensure that you update your work record by completing manual entries when you enter your digital card into a digital tachygraph
• You will correctly complete a pre-op check of the vehicle and report any defects using the agreed procedure
• Part of the role is to ensure security of the load and maintain communication with the factory with regard to delays
What we are looking for:
- You will have at least 6 months Class 1 driving experience
You will hold a current CPC and Tacho Card
You will have no more than 9 points on your license
It is essential that you have good knowledge of driver regulations
You will have the ability to be flexible with the business needs and have a positive working attitude
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to making sure our employees reap rewards of commitment and great performance. You will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded.
We offer comprehensive training as well as development and career progression opportunities. You can also look forward to benefits that amongst other things include the following: