Part time Health and Safety Consultant
1 day per week (flexible)
Reporting to the Technically Competent Manager (TCM), who overlooks the company’s Health and Safety and Environmental matters, you will be integral in driving the Health & Safety culture within the business and ensuring it is compliant with Health & Safety regulations. You will work alongside the company’s WAMITAB holder (TCM) to co-ordinate, support and advise the business in all aspects with regards to Health Safety. This includes
Health and Safety Consultant Responsibilities:
- Work alongside Technically Competent Manager (TCM) to ensure all health and safety needs are met
- Promote a positive health and safety culture within the workplace
- Develop effective policies and procedures that are adhered to
- Report any safety concerns, hazard observations, accidents, and incidents in a timely manner to allow full investigation and prevent re-occurrence
- Conduct and record risk assessments
- Accompany the Technically Competent Manager (WAMITAB holder) on regular site inspections and ensure action points are adhered to
- Attend regular H & S Meetings
- Carry out incident investigations when potential or actual severity dictates.
- Liaise with company directors and managers to make recommendations on how to meet safety standards
- Work with Health and Safety Executive inspectors as and when required
- Support all operations with Safe Working Procedure development
- Monitor the issuing of PPE and maintaining records
- Develop and deliver internal H & S training, including toolbox talks
- Maintain the H & S training database.
- Keep up to date with health and safety legislation
Health and Safety Consultant Requirements:
The successful candidate will have previous Health & Safety experience in a Waste Management or Foundry setting. Experience in Metal Recycling would be very desirable. We are looking for a dynamic, driven person whose passion for health & safety will drive improvements within the business.