Mallatite Limited is a specialist manufacturer & stockist distributor of street lighting and highways equipment, operating within the Roads Division of Hill & Smith (Holdings) PLC.
Role: GRAPHICS DESIGNER
(Traffic, Transport & Infrastructure Signage)
Location: Clarendon Drive, Tipton
Having a full understanding of the TSRGD (2018) or as current Traffic Sign Regulations and sound knowledge and experience of graphics design. A working knowledge of Buchanan Software or similar is an advantage.
Experience of the programmes and machinery below is required as well as a working knowledge of road traffic signs.
• Using CAD applications to design, print and cut signs.
• Daily cleaning of large format digital printer.
• Daily setup of large format plotter.
• Applying correct procedures in line with TSRGD 2018 and Chapter 7 of the TSM.
• Knowledge of BSEN 12899.
• Correctly identifying the use of materials (type and colour)
• Use of laminator.
• Precise interpretation of drawings and job sheets.
• Ability to communicate with customers and suppliers.
• Omega v2-v6.
• CorelDRAW Graphics Suite v12 and above.
• Sai Production Suite (incorporating, production manager/Flexiprint)
Large Format Digital Printers; For example;
• Mimaki Large Format Digital Printer.
• Avery Trafficjet.
• Zund M-800 Flatbed Plotter.
• Mimaki CG-130 Plotter
• Keep up to date with changes to existing / new products and also procedures.
The above is a framework to serve as guide and is not exhaustive.
If you would like to apply, please forward a current CV together with a covering letter for the attention of email@example.com