Events Manager, Midlands
The CLA is the membership organisation representing the interests of owners of land, property and business in rural England and Wales. The regional office is based in Knightley (near Eccleshall) Staffordshire and covers nine counties in the Midlands.
The Events Manager will organise, co-ordinate and administer events on behalf of the CLA Midlands region. The successful candidate will work closely with the Midlands team and be responsible for securing commercial partnerships that will generate sponsorship to support the CLA events and activities throughout the year. Experience with running an extensive events programme would be beneficial.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential for both roles as well as a high level of computer literacy.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well in a pressured environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience in an event environment would be an advantage but is not essential.
Principal tasks include
- Ensure that a forward schedule of appropriate Annual General Meetings, social, technical and professional events is planned and that all the relevant arrangements and notifications have been made.
- Organise venue, facilities and on site arrangements for events and to make records of those wishing to attend.
- To attend and manage the smooth operation of events.
- Identify, introduce and, if appropriate, conclude contractual arrangements with suitable corporate partners to the CLA, with the primary objective of securing financial and other support for the CLA Midlands Region.
- Liaise with Director Midlands to plan and make the necessary arrangements for attendance at shows, exhibitions and conferences organised by third parties.
- To work with the Communications Manager to ensure that events are suitably publicised and uploaded to the CLA website.
- To undertake the production of promotional material in conjunction with CLA staff and external suppliers.
- Support and contribute to all routine office duties, including telephone reception, as appropriate.
- A full driving licence and a car is required as the position involves travel throughout the Midlands.
To apply please send an up to date CV along with a covering letter setting out how you meet the criteria of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for application is 5pm on Monday 27th January 2020.
For further details about the role please contact Regional Director Mark Riches – 01785 337010 or email@example.com
To find out more about the CLA visit our website www.cla.org.uk