Events and Lettings Co-ordinator
Tettenhall Village, Wolverhampton
Circa £20,000 + incentive bonus scheme
Closing date: 9.00am on Monday 28th September 2020
The Events & Lettings Co-Ordinator is required to generate additional revenue streams into the School. He/she will bring new ideas to the School and seek to maximise additional use of the School’s outstanding facilities. As well as entrepreneurial flair he/she will have a calm and organised manner, excellent customer service and administrative skills and a good attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be able to work both independently and as a part of the Marketing team and possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. He/she will be computer literate, punctual and reliable. There will be an expectation to attend a number of key School events and specific lettings in the course of the year. Previous experience in the event, fundraising or hospitality sector, an advantage.
This is a full time role: Monday – Friday 08.30am – 5.00pm (including a one hour unpaid lunch break) (37.5 hours per week) Available at week-ends for potential telephone calls only, regarding booked hirings. Annual Salary: circa £20,000 + incentive bonus scheme
Line Management The successful candidate will report to the Bursar for financial performance but their Line Mananger, on a day-to-day basis, will be the Head of Marketing for the fulfilment of his/her duties. He/she will also be required to submit a termly Enterprise Report to the Headmaster to detail performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main functions of the role are:
- In conjunction with the Headmaster, Head of Marketing and Bursar, identify and generate additional revenue streams from School facilities and assets.
- To promote and develop the use of School facilities by external hirers and groups whilst preserving the high quality education offered to fee-paying parents.
- Booking of all facilities for internal staff and external hirers together with the raising and processing of invoices.
- To assist with the administration and running of events on the Tettenhall College Calendar including dealing with enquiries, communications, liaison with the PTA and Old Tettenhallians and working with external and internal suppliers.
- Attendance at School events, for example, Fireworks, Gala Ball, Garden Party and ensure they market the School effectively and welcome key lettings onto the site when required e.g. residential bookings.
- Production of booking correspondence, including facilities brochures, booking forms, terms and conditions and general correspondence.
- Resolution of any problems that occur before, during and after bookings and regular review of systems.
- In conjunction with the Bursar, to produce clear accounts regarding the success of the Enterprise arm of the School.
- To generate a published strategy for the generation of additional revenue for Tettenhall College
Fundraising and sponsorship plan and events management:
- Community (PTA)
- TC Loyalty card
- Identify all areas of the site that can be utilised and hired out
- Parties, Weddings, Summer Camps, Sporting events, Residential bookings – UK and International, Sport Clubs, Theatre groups, Corporate events etc.
- Seasonal calendars (weather dependent and key seasonal events)
- Term time versus school holiday facility hires
Evaluate current hirers/ new hirers:
- Identify % each area of the site is already booked with current hirers and the opportunity to source additional hirers
- Move all current hirers over to new formal process including the rate card
- What current businesses we have and what percentage of booking time they take up already
- Identify percentage of each site area that has potential to take new bookings
- Identify businesses or new ideas re different business sectors we can contact for new revenue streams
- Identify areas that need attention to ensure our site is at a level to support our rates (hot showers, working toilets, locks on doors etc)
- Understand the importance of customer service being the key to Tettenhall College’s enterprise success.
Process and Administration:
- Profile for each hirer: one off hirers to long term hirers
- Booking terms and conditions and process agreed
- Invoicing process adhered to – filed and communicated to accounts department
- Rate Card
Co-manage the production, launch and distribution for a TC Enterprise brochure to market all available offerings:
- List all the areas and their facilities in detail
- The timings each area is available and the days of the week
- Packages to market and make booking easier with a higher revenue – Birthday party events, summer event hire (pavilion etc.)
- Conduct a photo shoot with the Head of Marketing for each area and upgrade TC website
- How to maximise our offering effectively to our School community and externally: Facebook, Twitter, Website, Local publications, Fairs, Networking events, our community’s business connections etc.
How to apply:
Closing date: 9.00am, Monday 28th September 2020
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 5th October 2020
Salary: Circa £20,000 + incentive bonus scheme
To apply please complete an employment application form and return to email@example.com
Tettenhall College is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (including a check against the Children’s Barred List) and other pre-employment screening including references and medical fitness.
Please note that we will take up references provided in your application form prior to interview.
Full details of the School’s safeguarding policies and procedures are available on the School website: www.tettenhallcollege.co.uk