MARCHES ENERGY AGENCY
Help our growing charity to ensure householders in need live in warm, energy efficient homes. As one of our Energy Advisors you will work as part of a team to support householders in Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin. You will advise people over the phone, in their homes and, from time to time, at events. The service is un-scripted and person-centred. The advice will include providing guidance around tariff switching, fuel debt advocacy, heating controls, energy bills, energy efficiency measures, renewable energy options and grant funding. You will guide and support householders to achieve the best outcomes. As policies and initiatives are often changing, you will be expected to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the various options and provide advocacy support for householders facing more complex personal circumstances at home. There may also be scope for you to undertake home visits and liaise with our partners including installers and local authorities.
- Deliver outstanding customer service to vulnerable customers and communities.
- Good communicator able to listen and empathise with a wide range of householders, and to respond with accurate and appropriate advice and support around energy efficiency.
- Team player able to work both as part of a small team and unsupervised.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Demonstrate a reasonable level of understanding of energy efficiency in the home, and a clear willingness to learn more.
- Competent in the use of IT, including remote working tools such as MS Teams
- Ideally demonstrate relevant work experience gained either through the charitable, health or social care sectors, or through the business world. A degree or equivalent qualification would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate clear commitment and understanding of our climate and ecological crisis.
- Full driving licence. Use of a vehicle may be provided.
- Ability to deliver presentations and training to partners would be an advantage.
- Good practical skills, including the ability to fit small energy saving measures such as power down devices, radiator foils and draught proofing, would be an advantage. Training will be provided on the specific measures.
- Based in Shropshire or nearby
MEA is an independent, Midlands-based charity with 25 years of experience in helping householders keep warm and well at home. For a full range of our activities please visit www.mea.org.uk
Training: On the job training and support will be provided including undertaking a Level 3 NVQ in energy awareness, as well as day-to-day supervision to ensure you feel comfortable and supported in your work. You will also be expected to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Pay: £19,545-£22,697 pro-rata per annum; optional employer pension of up to 5%; work travel costs paid; team-related annual performance bonus.
Location: Shrewsbury / home working.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, but could be flexible.
Leave: 24 paid days pro-rata per annum + bank holidays.
Duration: One year contract initially, with the expectation that this will be extended, subject to funding.
Application process: Send CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested in the job and how you meet the specification to Philip Towers – firstname.lastname@example.org by 1pm on Tuesday 25 January 2022. Interviews week commencing Mon 31st January 2022