About the Company
· They are Surface Coating and Metal Finishing Specialists and supply many market sectors from Automotive and Construction, to Wind Energy and Petrochemical Industries.
· They service over 1,500 customers from across the group which in turn have the capacity to process in excess of 2,500 tonnes per week.
Duties of Maintenance Engineer (Electrical)
· Undertake periodic maintenance on all electrical equipment, components, and installations
· Provide prompt response to inquiries whenever there is a breakdown, and resolve the issue as quickly as possible
· Ensure that equipment is in good working order to prevent disruption of production activities
· Installation of New electrical components and fittings to plant and building
· Work and log jobs conducted via the company-based CMMS system
· Recommend replacement for old or faulty electrical components or fittings to the management
· Keep records of all stock and supplies, including company’s electrical equipment
· Working in collaboration with the production team to formulate the best cost-effective manufacturing process
· Help / assist / suggest to the company means to reduce energy costs
· Ensure that all electrical gadgets and instruments are switched off after close of work daily
· Fix and maintain building electrical fixtures and fittings
· Troubleshoot machine breakdowns and provide preventive maintenance services
· Learn new skills and attend training programs in other to increase knowledge of trends and best practices in the industry
· Provide safe working environment for members of staff, and ensure electricity induced accidents and mishaps are prevented
· Always comply with the current standard of BS7671
· Take steps to prevent fire outbreaks by making appropriate recommendations to management
· Stipulate electrical fittings and components required to conduct work.
· Provide call out assistance for twilight and night shift were required with the possibility of return to site to rectify
· Design and undertake electrical works for new projects
· Support the company in increasing profitability by managing resources efficiently and making necessary recommendations.
· Work towards achieving set quality objectives with the goal of continuously improving customer satisfaction
· Participating in continuous improvement activities
· Identifying and promoting technological awareness and innovation
· Assist NPI department with design and installation of bespoke automation machines either in the way of relay logic or PLC (application dependent)
· Predictive, preventative and reactive maintenance within the facility.
Requirements of Maintenance Engineer (Electrical) (Educations/Qualifications – Minimum)
· Electrical apprentice trained with minimum level 3 qualification
· 17th / 18th edition qualified.
· Fork-Lift license (Advantageous)
· Higher national educational award (i.e., HNC, HND, Diploma) (Advantageous)
· Cranes, Lifting, Slings (Advantageous)
· MEWP qualification (3A + 3B) (Advantageous)
· Cranes, Lifting, Slings (advantageous)
· Experience of working in a heavy manufacturing environment.
· 5 Years Electrical Engineering experience
· Experience working with/knowledge of safety circuits, Invertors, how relays operate, speed control systems and three phase power systems.
· Fault-finding abilities
· Pneumatics / Hydraulics Knowledge
· Competent reading control circuit/schematic diagrams
· Competent working with Motors of all types
· Electrical bias but able to take on Mechanical tasks as required.
· PLC knowledge (advantageous)
Benefits of Maintenance Engineer (Electrical)
· Monday to Thursday 7.45am to 4.45pm the Friday 8am to 2pm
· Pension Scheme
· 25 days holiday plus stats
· Healthcare plan