About the Company
- Working for a highly respected machining organisation that supply high precision, very low volume and one-off products into the Motorsport, Automotive and Aerospace industries.
Duties of EDM Machinist
- Setting, Programming and Operation of Spark Erosion (EDM & WEDM) machines.
- As required (depending on skills) to also undertake CNC and Conventional Milling, CNC and Conventional Turning, drilling, surface grinding, fast hole erosion, band saws and other ancillary toolmaking machines and equipment.
- Read & Interpret engineering drawings and be able to program accordingly.
- Work to tight tolerances from engineering drawings.
- Meet Customers specifications & requirements, correct drawing interpretation and accurate marking out of work.
- Ensuring that work meets quality & technical guidelines.
- Support and train apprentices/new colleagues
Requirements of EDM Machinist
- Experience working within a precision engineering environment
- Proven experience in the setting and operation of Spark Erosion (EDM & WEDM) machines.
- Experience working with exotic alloys and understanding the properties of materials
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Understanding of CAD/CAM is desirable
- Strong team skills and ability to work unsupervised
- To have initiative on design and problem solving
- Positive approach to issue resolution
- Ability to work pro-actively
- Analytical thinker & problem solver
- Keen to learn new skills and develop new processes
Benefits of EDM Machinist
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Competitive Hourly Rate DOE + 25% shift premium
- 6pm to 6am Monday – Thursday 6pm to midnight on Fridays
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays