Early Years Teaching Assistant
The Preparatory School has grown significantly over recent years and has established an excellent team providing a first class education for children from 2 to 11. Each child is offered a breadth of opportunities to stretch, challenge and inspire them during their time in the Preparatory School, and we are a happy and productive centre of learning as a result. We strive to offer the best learning experience possible to all pupils.
We are seeking both a full and a part time support assistant to work with different children in Pre-Prep. We are especially interested to hear from individuals who have experience in supporting children with autism, speech and language difficulties and/or supporting pupils with an Education, Health and Care Plan.
The successful candidate will have an excellent track record in the classroom and be well-qualified. A passion for exceptional standards in all aspects of care will be essential, as is an ability to work effectively as a member of our community.
Person specification and experience Qualifications/Training
* NVQ 3/BTEC 3 or equivalent qualification
* Very good numeracy/literacy skills
* Knowledge of and training in effective safeguarding practices
* Excellent communication skills with children, staff and families
* Great organisation abilities with resources and planning so that the child’s experience is first class
* The ability to actively liaise with key staff including the Room Leaders/teachers to ensure the child’s learning experience dovetails with the class aims and objectives, and the child’s Education, Health and Care Plan
* A lively, friendly, dedicated and dynamic personality
Duties and responsibilities
* Ensure that planning, teaching materials and appropriate resources are in place and be rigorous in ensuring that the pupil receives first class care.
* Ensure that planned activities are stimulating, valuable and appropriate to the child and their needs.
* Establish systems and methods for teaching, learning and achievement which are in line with the School’s ethos.
* Contribute to formal and informal assessment within the class to support pupil progress, and complete accurate and reflective records.
* To help ensure the provision of a high quality, stimulating learning environment to meet the needs of the child.
* Promote the highest standards and expectations in behaviour and attitudes to learning.
* Communicate professionally with parents, staff and children at all times.
* To promote independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward the child’s self-reliance and resilience.
* Be conversant with and apply the health and safety guidelines as laid down in statutory policies.
How to apply
Closing date: 25th September 2020 Interviews: w/c 28th September 2020 Salary: By negotiation
Please contact Mrs Deborah Kane (Assistant Head - Pre-Prep) if you would like to arrange an informal conversation with regard to this post before applying.
Tettenhall College is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (including a check against the Children’s Barred List) and other pre-employment screening including references and medical fitness. Please note that we will take up references provided in your application form prior to interview.
Full details of the School’s safeguarding policies and procedures are available on the School website: www.tettenhallcollege.co.uk