National World / Smart Hire are advertising on behalf of a external company.
Do you have experience working in a 5 star/luxury visitor attraction, tourism or hospitality setting?
Since 1833, we have been making our wonderful malt whisky… We have a multi award-winning premium whisky and our visitor experience is rated on Trip Advisor as one of Scotland’s top-rated tourist attractions! Nestled in a beautiful and picturesque setting just north of Glasgow, stands our beautiful Glengoyne Distillery. At the heart of our brand, product and experience are our people… it’s our people who make the magic happen!
About the role:
We currently have opportunities for experienced, hardworking and reliable individuals to join the Glengoyne family within our visits team, in the role of Distillery Ambassador. As part of our visits team you will be responsible for providing our visitors with a world class experience through the delivery of immersive and engaging experiences.
We’re looking for someone who is charismatic, can use their own initiative, and has a positive work attitude and a strong focus on providing an exceptional visitor experience.
Our experience offering is varied and our visitors come from all over the world to learn about Glengoyne whisky, so the ability to adapt and build rapport with different groups is essential.
Typical daily tasks include hosting tours of the distillery, guiding guests through in-person or online tastings, and assisting with the preparation and clearing down of experience spaces on-site.
The Role includes:
- Deliver smooth operations of visitor activities in line with expected standard of service and time keeping.
- Greet all visitors with a warm welcome creating a great first impression.
- Ensure the Brand Home is well presented at all times, working as a team to set up and clear down tastings, events and other activities.
- Deliver engaging and informative tours, sharing the story of our spirit, how it is made and how to enjoy it.
- Support with the delivery of events at the distillery – setting up, clearing down and delivering event activities.
- On occasion, support with off-site events acting as an ambassador for the distillery.
A successful candidate will have:
- Experience delivering exceptional customer service.
- Excellent time management and organisational abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and interest of spirit production processes and the drinks industry (Desirable)
If you are detail orientated and have a drive for ongoing improvement, we’d love to hear from you so please apply today!
All roles are Annualised Hour contracts where you will have a set number of hours to work over the year adapting to the peaks and troughs of business demands, monthly pay is determined by the total hours of your contract divided months remaining in the year.
Our reference: AGS301
Vacancy: Distillery Ambassador
Salary: Excellent rate of pay.
Hours: (4 to 5 days per week in high season and 1 to 2 days per week in low season)