Designated Safeguarding Lead
Required from September 2021
Grade 8 NJC 18 - 22 (£24,982 - £27,041; pro rata: £17,272 - £18,696), 30 hours per week
Term-time plus one week, fixed term contract (until 31.08.2022)
We wish to appoint a Designated Safeguarding Lead to support the development of safeguarding and child protection policies, training, procedures and guidance for the school, and to assist in the coordination of referrals, arranging action and reviewing services for children and families.
We are looking for someone to join our team who will enable Early Help and Support Intervention within the school, ensuring targeted support is in place for identified key families. The postholder will assist with the creation and promotion of a culture of vigilance within the school and enable whole school CPD sessions on a range of safeguarding issues and how best to safeguard our students.
Main duties and specific responsibilities:
- To take lead responsibility for all safeguarding and child protection matters arising at the school and provide advice and support to all staff in dealing with any child protection concerns that arise.
- To provide regular supervision and management oversight of open cases and reported cause for concern referrals by staff through the sharing of information amongst other DSLs and the Assistant Headteacher.
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of all children.
- To be available for staff to discuss any safeguarding concerns.
- To identify training needs to ensure appropriate safeguarding training is in place for all staff and training records are maintained.
- To ensure that record keeping is timely, accurate, comprehensive and securely stored.
We are aware that applying for a new role at this time of national challenge is worrying and so we want to reassure all candidates that we have put together a recruitment process sensitive to these difficulties. If you have any questions, please contact the headteacher’s PA on the email address below.
Further details and application forms for this post are available from the school website.
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com
Closing date – 22nd June at 12 Noon.
Interviews will be held on 24th June 2021.
Idsall is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding children and the successful applicant will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure by Criminal Records Bureau prior to commencement in post. This post is a designated customer facing role and under the fluency duty requires a specified level of spoken English as stated in the person spec and in line with our policy.