Depot Operative – Warehouse - Llansantffraid
Wynnstay Group Plc, a leading regionally based Agricultural supply business with a Group turnover in excess of £431 million, successfully operates a mix of activities within a highly competitive environment. Wynnstay’s work in the agricultural farm supplies and rural specialist merchanting sectors, consistently produces quality products, delivering a quality service and product to our farmer customer base, whilst maximising profitability and shareholder return.
Employing more than 900 hardworking and dedicated people all working towards an ambitious strategic plan, we operate nationally spanning more than 60 sites including 13 manufacturing, processing and blending facilities across the Group.
As we grow organically and through acquisition, the Llansantffraid Depot requires an enthusiastic and hardworking Depot Operative - Warehouse to assist them in achieving this aim.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Various warehouse duties including order picking, assisting customers with bulky items, loading and unloading lorries
- Stocking shelves and merchandising as required
- Maintaining high standards of tidiness in the warehouse, yard and Depot
- Providing general support to product specialists and other team members
- Stock rotation and assisting with accurate and timely stocktaking
- Efficiently complete the processing of cash and credit transactions
- Working as a team player providing general support to colleagues on product knowledge and stock-related matters.
- Supporting the success of all promotional campaigns
- Maintenance and ensuring cleanliness of Depot yard and whole site appearance.
- Being flexible in providing cover at other Depots where required
The successful candidate will:
- Thrive from working in a fast-paced environment
- Have the benefit of previous forklift experience, together with an in-date licence (although training can be provided if necessary)
- Have a general agricultural understanding and a passion to learn and strengthen knowledge base
- Be hardworking, enthusiastic and proactive
- Possess a drive to succeed and have a can-do attitude
- Be able to communicate effectively, have the ability to deal with enquiries appropriately and professional, whilst recognising the different needs of our customers and colleagues
- Be a good team player with the ability to work under your own initiative
A competitive salary benchmarked within our industry will be offered to any successful candidate and will be dependent on experience and specialist ability.
To apply please email your CV and letter of application and state reference ‘WynnstayStar’ to email@example.com or for a private and confidential discussion please contact Alan Short 07795 370703.