Pipekit are recruiting for a
FULL-TIME CUSTOMER SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR
Based at our new offices on Longden Road, Shrewsbury.
Hours Monday-Friday 8.00 a.m. – 5 p.m. Salary £18 - £22k depending on experience
This role will involve working within our busy sales team, on the telephone, online chat, winning and processing orders, answering sales, and technical enquiries and generally keeping our customers happy. Full product training will be given, however, sales office experience is essential, along with a great personality and enthusiasm to work in a demanding environment within a great team. A candidate with a plumbers or builders merchant background would be desirable but not essential. The role offers a competitive salary to the right candidate depending on qualifications and experience.
- Responsible for meeting customer service and team sales targets.
- Providing administrative support to the team and upholding the high level of customer service PIPEKIT offer.
- Customer and supplier liaison and service over the telephone, Jivochat, and trade counter.
- Preparing Quotations, Sales Order and Purchase Order processing.
- Managing, booking and co-ordinating carriers. Stock ordering, and minimising carriage costs.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy appearance of all areas of the business premises, particularly the Customer services office.
- Manage supplier literature stocks re-ordering as required.
- Using MS Office and XFour software to a proficient level to fulfil day to day business needs.
- Offer guidance and advice to customers as well as sell the benefits of products offered by maintaining a good product knowledge.
- Follow up quotations and key account customers to win business
- Meeting and exceeding team sales targets.
• Customer Focussed - Ability to deal with sales and technical enquiries from customers, external sources or from within the Company either by written form, personal contact, telephone, email and via the website to ensure that any queries are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
• Organised & Delivering Results- Confident in managing, organising, and updating relevant data using database applications to ensure meaningful data is available for use within the Company.
• Technical - Utilise computer applications as and when appropriate to ensure the most efficient and effective means of communication or information is provided.
Essential qualifications and experience required for this role:
• Customer service, and sales skills
• Numerical & analytical skills
• Computer skills including Excel and Microsoft Office
• Attention to detail
• Team worker
• Organised & focused on delivering results
• Experience of providing customer service in a busy office environment
• Evidence of a ‘self-starter’ who does not require close supervision, and uses own initiative
• GCSE C or Level 2 in Maths, and English.
Desirable Qualifications and experience:
• Builders or plumbers merchant experience
• Knowledge of XFour software
This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post holder will be expected to participate in this process, and we would aim to reach agreement to the changes.
If you would like to join this fast growing business please email your application and CV to