REBUILDING THE MONTGOMERY CANAL
Position: Experienced Construction Site Manager
Location: Oswestry, Shropshire
Hours: Part time building up to Full Time
£35k – 40K negotiable
Experienced Construction Site Manager
An exciting position has become available for an experienced Construction Site Manager to join a friendly team based in Oswestry, Shropshire. The successful candidate will earn a negotiable £35,000-£40,000. This is a 12 months’ highway bridge construction contract starting late in 2021 to manage the day to day activities of the project. After an initial part time period being briefed on the design, programme, preparing the preconstruction paperwork and familiarisation, the main site works will start mid-March 2022 and are scheduled to take 7 months. The workforce will comprise a mix of experienced sub-contractors and skilled and canal restoration volunteers.
- Applicants should be experienced in RC construction and familiar with installing precast concrete units, gabions and reinforced earthworks.
- Knowledge of the Highways Works Specification will be an advantage together with the ability to co-ordinate and liaise with the Local Authority
- You will naturally be conversant with current CDM and H&S legislation and competent in preparing RAMS.
- Liaising with clients and reporting on progress to staff and the public.
- Liaising with the County Highways officers and consultants as necessary
- Buying materials for each phase of the project.
- Monitoring build costs and project progress.
- Conducting quality and safety inspections
- Supervising and overseeing the direction of the project
- Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings
- Maintaining quality control procedures
- Finding ways to prevent problems and to solve any that crop up
- Assessing and minimising risk
- Writing reports and keeping on top of paperwork
We are a trading company wholly owned by Montgomery Waterway Restoration Trust, registered charity no 510448, which is dedicated to completing the restoration of the Montgomery Canal in England and Wales for the benefit of the public.
Why should you apply?
- To join a fantastic & unique organisation/company
- To become part of a great team
- To showcase your knowledge and skill set
If you’re the ideal person we are looking for, please send your CV to John Dodwell, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07802-961485