MARCHES ENERGY AGENCY
Community Outreach Worker
Support householders with free, impartial energy advice. You will be part of a team that visit people in their homes, providing and fitting low-cost measures such as LED bulbs, cold alarms, and reflective radiator foils. You will also give advice by telephone and at community events, building links with organisations and leaders to reach those who will benefit from our service most. You will provide guidance around tariff switching, fuel debt advocacy, heating controls, energy bills, energy efficiency measures, renewable energy options and grant funding. Guiding householders into the best pathways, you will support them to achieve the right outcomes.
You will be expected to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the various options and referral routes open to householders and provide advocacy support for householders facing more complex personal circumstances at home.
MEA is an independent, Shropshire-based charity with reach across the Midlands. We have nearly 25 years of experience in helping householders keep warm and well at home. For a full range of our activities please visit www.mea.org.uk
- Deliver outstanding customer service to vulnerable customers and communities.
- Be a good communicator able to listen and empathise with a wide range of householders, and to respond with accurate and appropriate advice and support around energy efficiency, both in person and on the phone.
- Be a good team player able to work both as part of a small team and unsupervised.
- Have excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Be able to show a reasonable level of understanding of energy efficiency in the home, and a clear willingness to learn more.
- Be competent in the use of IT, including remote working tools such as MS Teams.
- Have good practical skills, including the ability to fit small energy saving measures such as power down devices, radiator foils and draught proofing. Training will be provided on the specific measures. Ideally demonstrate that you have relevant work experience gained either through the charitable, health or social care sectors, or through the business world.
- Be able to demonstrate a clear commitment to, and understanding of, our climate and ecological crisis, and to our values
- Full driving license. Use of a vehicle may be provided.
- Be based in Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin.
- Ability to deliver presentations and training to partners would be an advantage.
Training: On the job training and support will be provided, including a combination of undertaking a Level 3 NVQ in energy awareness and day-to-day supervision to ensure you feel comfortable and supported in your work. You will also be expected to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Pay £19,545-£22,697 pro rata per annum; optional employer pension of up to 5%; work travel costs paid; opportunity to benefit from a team-related annual performance bonus.
Location: Home working/Shrewsbury.
Hours of work: Up to full time - 37.5 hours per week.
Leave: 24 paid days pro-rata per annum + bank holidays.
Duration: One-year contract with opportunity to extend further, subject to funding.
Application process: Send CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested in the job and how you meet the person specification above to email@example.com by 9am Tuesday 28th September 2021.
Interviews Tuesday 5 October at MEA offices