The World Egg Organisation (WEO) is seeking a Communications Assistant to support the organisation as it executes a number of communications plans and strategies. The Communications Assistant will support the Global Communications Manager to deliver proactive and effective communications that promote and build the global reputation of the egg and the egg industry.
In this varied role, the Communications Assistant will support the delivery of the organisation’s communication activities across internal and external channels, including various social media channels. They will provide administrative support to the communications function and will be a confident and engaging writer with good organisational skills and a high attention to detail.
The successful candidate will have an eye for visual design and presentation across documents and graphics and will be self-motivated with a can-do attitude. They will be enthusiastic and engaged in the priorities of our organisation, with a willingness to develop the skills to translate technical content to a wide variety of audiences.
They will be comfortable working cross culturally and possess a willingness to work as part of a small team with a big reach, where pitching in and getting involved is valued.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work closely with the Global Communications Manager on a range of projects, activities and communications outputs
- Supports the researching, drafting, proofreading and creation of written and visual content for internal and external communication channels in a timely manner
- Supports the execution of the WEO digital strategy, overseeing the day-to-day management of the WEO websites, social media and e-marketing campaigns
- Contributes to a broad range of marketing and communications activities related to IEC conferences and events
- Co-ordinates and executes international communications around World Egg Day
- Fact check and proofread all outgoing communication material
- Conducts research on matters that are important to the WEO and its priorities to support the preparation of presentations and reports
- Supports the WEO team as needed
Skills necessary to fulfil the role and responsibilities
- Experience as a communications assistant OR excellent understanding of communications function and demonstrably transferable skills
- Understanding of media relations and digital media strategies, including different social media platforms and the content best suited to each
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Great attention to detail, particularly regarding visual presentation, grammar and punctuation
- Demonstrable interest in the priorities of the organisation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with a wide range of people
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Website CMS and Google Analytics
- Strong organisational skills with ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines independently
- Diligent, conscientious and reliable
About World Egg Organisation
The World Egg Organisation (WEO) is a global organisation, entirely dedicated to representing the egg. The WEO is made up of a group of international companies including the International Egg Commission (IEC) a global membership association representing the egg industry, the International Egg Foundation (IEF) an international charitable foundation, Global Initiative for Sustainable Eggs (GISE) an industry sustainability platform, and the International Egg Nutrition Centre (IENC) for the promotion of eggs in human health, as well as the running of an overseas event management company.
Within the WEO the IEC’s core function is to represent the interests of the egg industry across the globe and has members in over 80 countries. IEC members are high calibre individuals doing business internationally who require a high level of individual service.
For more information, please visit: www.worldeggorganisation.com / www.internationalegg.com