CNC Setter/Operator (Wolverhampton Area)
· Setting and operating of CNC lathes, vertical machining centres and horizontal machining centres with a variety of control systems including Fanuc, Mazatrol, Heidenhain etc. Working with conventional machines as and when required (Drills, capstan lathes, fly press etc.)
· Ensuring cycle times and outputs are achieved to the correct quality standard, report failings.
· Complete detailed quality checks against dimensional drawings using measuring equipment, Vernier’s, micrometres and gauges etc., pass off 1st off approvals for production run and log and record all measurements on the relevant check sheets.
· Program transfers from and to the DNC computer system.
· Recognise, identify and report all quality defects and equipment failures.
· Ensure all work is undertaken in accordance with any work instructions / procedures.
· Maintain good communications and relationships throughout the company.
· Ensure compliance with company procedures and make suggestions for improvement.
· Ensure compliance with Health and Safety requirements.
· Maintain a clean, safe working environment and good housekeeping standards and ensure 5S standards are maintained.
· Competitive hourly rate on offer.
· Permanent or temp to perm, Full time positions.
· Various hours/shifts depending on you and the business’s needs.
· Career progression available for the right candidates.
· A successful candidate will have previous experience working on CNC Lathes as well as Vertical and Horizontal machining centres.