William Brookes School
Farley Road, Much Wenlock Shropshire, TF13 6NB
Tel: 01952 728900
CLERK TO LOCAL GOVERNING BODY
To be engaged on a self-employed/service level agreement (SLA) basis
The 3-18 Education Trust is currently seeking to engage the services of a Clerk to the Local Governing Body, supporting Governors and the Senior Leadership Team in their delivery of the highest standard of education to students so they are able to achieve their full potential. This post is primarily for William Brookes School in Much Wenlock but as the Trust grows there may be further Clerking opportunities for other schools. Previous experience and knowledge of the workings of governing boards is desirable but not essential.
The duties of a Clerk include:
• Providing advice to the governing body on governance, constitutional and procedural matters in line with the Trust’s guidance and procedures
• Providing effective administrative support to the governing body, ie, preparation of agendas, taking and preparation of minutes, circulating papers, etc
• Ensuring the governing body is properly constituted and compliant
We are looking for a person who:
• Has strong organisational skills, the ability to prioritise workload and good customer service skills
• Has the ability to work on their own initiative as well as a mature and committed approach
• Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Has excellent IT skills
• Can support the agreed number of meetings per year and work at times convenient to the governing body, i.e. evening work for the actual meeting as well as day or evening work for the preparation and follow up
The successful applicant will be engaged on a self-employed/ Service Level Agreement basis. Payment conditions will be agreed upon appointment based on experience.
Please submit your CV to email@example.com by 11th July 2022 and on a separate document provide 500 words on your experience and suitability for the post.
The 3-18 Education Trust is a Multi-Academy Trust with students aged from 3-18 and which works collaboratively to provide the most interesting and exciting opportunities for schools to share ideas, resources and expertise all for the added benefit of our students. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, as such this post requires acknowledgement and understanding of safeguarding and child protection policies. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.