TYPE OF CONTRACT : Part Time / Term Time
39 weeks (35 weeks plus 3 half term weeks plus 1 Set up week)
COMMENCEMENT DATE: 3rd Sept 2021
SALARY LEVEL: £10 per hour (inclusive of holiday pay)
SHIFTS: 29 hours per week during the academic year & half terms
REPORTING TO: Head of Boarding
RESPONSIBLE TO: Deputy Head
The duties of the cover Matron include (but are not limited to):-
- To accompany all boarding pupils on school off site visits and internal activities
- To provide care and support for the boarders during the weekends in the boarding house.
- To uphold the boarding house policies.
- Understanding fire system and procedures and dealing with emergencies appropriately as they arise.
- Being aware and implementing the house security policies e.g. for visitors.
- Oversee Meals in the dining room.
- Recording events in house duty/medical/accident books
- Assisting at house functions during year.
- Assisting the Boarding Team with end of term clear up days and beginning of term preparation days.
- Shifts are during the academic year and half terms plus 29 hours for set up and clear up time at the start and end of terms.
- The working hours are 29 hrs per week made up of shifts over Friday 4pm-9am Saturday, Saturday 9am-9am Sunday.
- The salary will be £10 / hour inclusive of holiday pay.
- Have sympathy with and commitment to supporting the Adcote Mission Statement.
- Have the ability to work in a team.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be committed to high standards with high expectations and positive attitudes to both.
- Good working relationships with both staff and parents.
- An understanding of working with pupils and recognition of their individual needs.
Experience of working in the independent sector would be an advantage, but is not a requirement
● Be able to demonstrate that they can accept responsibility and show initiative in meeting the school’s needs.
● Have potential for leadership and sustain their own motivation and that of other staff.
● Have a sense of humour and the ability, energy and perseverance to cope with the demands of the role.
Team Work and Collaboration
● Show a commitment to good attendance and excellent punctuality Health & safety
● To comply with all health and safety procedures as required by the School.
● All staff share the responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and must adhere to, and comply with, the School’s Child Protection Policy.
Applicants should apply by filling in and returning the School’s teaching staff application form that can be found on the School website www.adcoteschool.org.uk under the heading ‘Downloads‛ or by contacting the School Secretary on 01939 260202 who will provide a Job Description and Application Form. Then complete and send in the application form and covering letter to: Email: email@example.com or The School Secretary, Adcote School, Little Ness, Shrewsbury SY4 2JY Tel: 01939 260202
The closing date for applications is the 17th May 2021.
The position will be conditional of an enhanced DBS check which will be carried out prior to the commencement of employment and two satisfactory references. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the police.
The School reserves the right to appoint at any stage of the recruitment process