Bench Hand Joiner (Shop Fitting)
9:00am - 5:30pm Mon-Fri - c £10:50 p/h - depending on experience
We have an exciting opportunity for a Bench Hand Joiner to work in our Design & Shopfitting division, who is passionate about their role in offering excellent service and standards to our customers. We are looking for someone who is motivated, friendly, and able to work on own initiative and able to raise concerns where appropriate.
The key purpose of this role is to accurately follow drawings, specifications and schedules to achieve completion of client contracts to a high standard, whilst working within the constraints of company policy and relevant legal and planning requirements.
Who are we:
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 60th largest privately owned company in the UK. This forward thinking family-owned business began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now owns 280 SPAR Stores and employs more than 7,500 people with a turnover of £1.1 billion. As one of the largest convenience retailers in the UK, we are always looking for innovative ways to create a point of difference. Our stores offer a wide range of food-to-go options, including; Food To Go and Daily Deli as well as a number of franchise partners to increase the choice available to customers such as Subway & Greggs.
- Manufacturing of high-quality joinery products that may require the use of hand tools and include lamination works.
- Delivery of agreed joinery projects, working to approved drawings, specifications and schedules and company requirements
- Provide assistance in the loading and unloading of materials and finished joinery products on and off delivery vehicles
- Set out, construct and erect joinery components as directed by the workshop manager
- Apply paint and other finishes, including prepare surfaces where required
- Maintain and clean Company CNC machines, power tools and joinery woodworking equipment
- Ensure working areas are kept clean and tidy and good housekeeping is maintained
- Prompt notification to line management of any delays that may affect job completion
- Ensuring that all activities undertaken are compliant with Company Health, Safety and Environmental Policy
- Prompt reporting of equipment defects and damage to line management
- Could be required to travel to sites other than normal place of work for business purposes
Key Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Full Driving License is essential
- CSCS – Skilled Work Card essential
- Shopfitting Benchmark NVQ Level 2
- Knowledge of operating CNC machines
- Experience in working with solid surfaces
What's in it for you?
- Develop your skills and capability in a highly supportive and multi-diverse culture
- Outstanding Training & Development
- Gain hands-on experience in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Excellent benefits package