Job Vacancy starting as soon as possible
ASSISTANT SALES ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN
Seymour Manufacturing International has been saving energy and money for some of the world’s biggest and best-known businesses since the 1980s.
Our remarkable lightweight thermal insulation material makes us a leading thermal insulation supplier for the protection of food, chemicals, agricultural and home delivery products. From supermarket cold rooms to food haulage fleets, blood banks and chemical installations, SMI specialises in finding simple solutions to temperature maintenance problems, helping clients to save money, and energy in the process.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hardworking individual to join our team as an Assistant Sales Engineering Technician at our headquarters in Telford. This role will work closely with the Senior Sales Engineer Technician and wider sales and manufacturing departments, in safely and accurately completing installations and carrying out material and prototype trials.
- Complete installations, ensuring they are completed accurately and safely, in the most effective manner.
- Assist with research and development projects.
- Support material and prototype trials
- Prepare deliveries and pack goods.
- Book deliveries in/out
- Maintain Company Health and Safety requirements
- Complete risk assessment method statements (RAMS)
- Carry out general tasks such as eyeletting, welding and cutting.
- Maintain an organised and clean warehouse.
- Provide support with stock takes.
Essential Qualifications/Skills: (Training can be provided if the applicant has one or two qualifications missing)
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Good analytical skills
- Clean Driving License (Cat B), with ability to drive a long wheelbase van.
- Basic IT competency
- Sound knowledge and awareness of Health and Safety requirements, including risk assessment method statement (RAMS)
- Ability and willingness to work under different environmental conditions (chilled/freezer temperatures)
Desirable ; Qualifications/Skills: as above
- Basic electrical knowledge or qualification
- CSCS card
- IPAF card/licence/certificate
- Working at heights training
- Forklift licence
- First Aid training
Working Hours and Benefits:
- Working hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm, on Monday to Friday.
- Holiday entitlement is 20 days each year plus bank holidays.
- Salary is dependent on skills and experience.
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Hand sanitiser and cleaning procedures in place
To apply for the role, please forward your Full CV including all qualifications with any covering letter) to:
Director Mrs Jill Seymour
Registered office of:
Seymour Manufacturing International Limited (SMI);
Unit 3, Stafford Park 16, Telford, Shropshire, TF3 3BS United Kingdom.
Registered No: 2322042