About the Company
Manufacturers and suppliers of components and assemblies for use within a variety of industries and sectors.
Over 40 years of knowledge and experience of offering a wide range of processes and manufacturing techniques
Following an ambitious programme of investment in infrastructure and technology we are now seeking Advanced Apprentices for both our Grinding and CNC Machining Divisions. These two roles will be supported by our Director of Engineering as they begin their journey into engineering.
Ideally suited to individuals who have completed a Level 2 BTEC qualification, our tailored Apprentice Programme will take you through all of our processes with a dedicated mentor in each area. We will support you through your college release and will also look to take you past your Level 3 BTEC if you show the necessary desire and adherence to the agreed plan.
Duties for the Engineering Apprentice:
· CNC Machining/Grinding depending on pathway
· Measurement and inspection
· Reading engineering drawings
· Maintaining a clean, safe and organised working environment
· Communication and team working
The successful Engineering Apprentice candidate will:
· Have a passion for engineering and be keen to fully commit to the apprenticeship programme
· Have already achieved a Level 1 Engineering qualification as a minimum, Level 2 preferred
· Have 4 GCSE’s – minimum grade C/4 including maths, English and a science
· Have basic machining/grinding skills
· Be able to read and understand engineering drawings and tolerances
· Demonstrate consistent attention to detail
· Have excellent timekeeping and attendance
· Be reliable and dependable with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
· Be prepared to get their hands dirty
· Be able to travel to work for 6am start and travel to training provider within 10 miles from site
This is a permanent, full-time position, Monday to Friday day shift, 40 hours
Rate of pay £232.40 to £420 per week, dependent on age, experience and qualifications.
Company sick pay scheme