THE ODELL CENTRE
OVERVIEW: The Odell Centre is a Social, Recreational and Leisure Day Activity Centre based in Kidderminster, Worcestershire. We work with adults who have a learning disability or mental health issue.
We are recruiting for a Full-Time Activity Co-ordinator.
Due to the nature of the activities, the post holder will be required to work at the Odell Centre for 35 hours per week Monday – Friday 8:30am – 3:30pm. However, there will be an expectation for the successful candidate to be flexible and undertake occasional weekend and evening work as required. The successful candidate will require a current full driving licence to include entitlement to drive a minibus with up to 16 passenger seats (D1 on driving licence).
Key Requirements will include:-
• Plan and deliver activities to members in conjunction with Personal Development Plan outcomes. The main (but not exclusive) areas of activity involvement will be arts & crafts, pottery, sewing, knitting and weaving, pamper/beauty, jewellery making and costume design & making to support Odell Centre drama productions.
• Additional practical skills in delivery areas of music, dance and drama sessions will be most welcome, but not essential to the role.
• Complete tasks and necessary paperwork to a satisfactory standard and within agreed timescales
• Carry out Personal Development Plan meetings with members
• Drive minibus and crew cab to transport members to external activities
• Assess and encourage members’ participation in activities and document outcomes
• Ability to use basic computer packages
• You will also be expected to help out as and when required on a wide range of other activities delivered to our members.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION IS NOT A CARE WORKER OR SUPPORT WORKER ROLE
Salary: £20,493 per annum
Annual Leave: 36 days per annum (inclusive of Bank Holiday)
Position Type: Full-Time (Permanent)
Closing Date: 1st Post 2 November 2020
Interview Date: If shortlisted, interviews will be held 3 November – 13 November 2020
Method of Application: Ring Odell Centre on 01562 69683 between 9am and 3pm Monday – Friday or email email@example.com to request an application pack.
Please ensure you state which position you are interested in.