Wynnstay Group Plc, a leading regionally based Agricultural supply business with a Group turnover in excess of £431 million, successfully operates a mix of activities within a highly competitive environment. Wynnstay’s offering in the agricultural farm supplies and rural specialist merchanting sectors, consistently produces quality products, delivering a quality service and product to our farmer customer base, whilst maximising profitability and shareholder return.
Employing more than 900 hardworking and dedicated people all working towards an ambitious strategic plan, we operate Nationally spanning more than 60 sites to supply quality and value products to farmer customers, working with key suppliers in the industry.
As we grow organically and through acquisition, the Accounts Department requires an enthusiastic and hardworking Accounts Assistant to assist them in achieving this aim.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Posting of daily cash transactions accurately and timely and applying processing of cash receipts from Depots
- Recording all cash batches in computerised cash book ensuring data is accurate
- Assisting in reconciliation of Depot daily banking paperwork
- Processing of BACS payments onto customers’ accounts in a fairly timely and efficient manner
- Issuing and processing of credit notes in line with procedures where applicable
- Supporting and resolving any queries for our customers, delivering the highest possible customer service
- Supporting and resolving any queries for internal personnel
- Provision of general office support for the Head Office including outgoing post and franking of mail
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience within a Sales Ledger or Credit Control environment - desirable but not essential
- Be self-motivated, flexible in taking on a wide range of tasks, and posses organisational ability to be able to perform effectively in a fast paced working environment
- Have a can-do attitude and willingness to learn and support our business
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Have high level of attention to detail
- Be proficient in IT knowledge and sound literacy
A competitive salary benchmarked within our industry will be offered to any successful candidate and will be dependent on experience and specialist ability.
To apply please email your CV and letter of application and state reference ‘WynnstayStar’ to email@example.com